Check out Pollença!
Local poet Costa i Llobera masterfully transmitted the beauty and classical resonance of “The Pine Tree of Formentor”, which is still revered at the Literary Conversations held since 1959 at the present-day Hotel Barceló Formentor. In a similar vein, the town’s commitment to the world of culture remains firm to this very day. Tales that are within your reach to listen to, feel, experience or share with whoever you may wish. If you’d like to receive alerts about free activities, concerts or specific shows, or you’d like further information on any of the content on this site, all you have to do is sign up. Start planning your holidays right now!
What’s your email?
Wind 1 m/s
Pressure 1015 hpa
Humidity 72 %
Pollença, a place with stories to tell
Picture a place where verdant pine-clad mountains descend to meet an intensely turquoise sea. A town where stunning backdrops, a fascinating past and friendly locals are part of everything you do.
Imagine for a moment the authentic character of a dynamic town, with lively and creative people making Pollença a place with a full of content.
The town, with its old quarter, is the hub of social activities. Outlying resorts round off the destination: the Port, with excellent accommodation and tourist amenities, and Cala Sant Vicenç, with some of the best hotels on the island.
And, of course, the Formentor peninsula. Its famous hotel, its viewing point or its lighthouse have been sources of inspiration for politicians, artists and thinkers alike. Now you can discover them too.
Welcome to Pollença, a place with stories to tell.
How to get to Pollença
The distance from Palma Airport to the town is 60km and the journey should take around 45 minutes.
- Leave the airport and follow signs for Palma on the Ma-19 motorway.
- After just over 4km, turn off at Exit 3 and join the westbound lane of the Ma-20 motorway.
- After 2.6km, on the outskirts of Palma, turn off at Exit 3 and join the Ma-13 following signs for Inca/Port d'Alcúdia.
- After almost 40km, turn off at Exit 40 (signposted Pollença), cross the bridge over the motorway and join the final 10km stretch of road to Pollença.
- At Palma Airport there are taxi stands and coach stops with information about fares and routes.
- A taxi costs around 70 euros, slightly less if leaving from central Palma.
- The website of the local public transport company (TIB) has information about coach routes and timetables:
This is the largest travel website in the world. On it, you’ll find real opinions about hotels, restaurants, attractions and holiday photos from other tourists. By using the widgets we’ve installed, you can find out which places in Pollença have been reviewed on TripAdvisor and also improve recommendations and rate your own experience.
Don’t forget: Pollença is for visiting, experiencing and enjoying, but also for sharing.
Commitment to Tourism Quality
The Comprehensive System for Tourism Destination Quality project (hereinafter referred to by its initials in Spanish, SICTED) aims to improve the quality of Spanish tourism destinations. The Spanish State Secretary of Tourism (SET), sponsors this project with the support of the Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces (FEMP). They work together with tourism companies and services encompassing thirty-five different occupations for the end goal of improving tourists’ experiences and satisfactionThe city of Pollença was one of the first three municipalities to pioneer the implementation of a tourism destination quality system (the others being Alcúdia and Formentera). Seventy-eight Pollença establishments currently participate in the SICTED.
- The SICTED offers the following benefits to the city of Pollença:
- The establishment of a permanent administrative structure that focuses on increasing the competitiveness of tourism companies at the destination.
- The ability to offer a homogenous level of quality across all tourism services. Increased tourist satisfaction and encouraged return visits.
- Increased involvement and participation from developing tourism companies at the destination. The opportunity to participate in a national project in conjunction with 191 other destinations.
- The SICTED offers the following benefits to participating tourism services companies:
- Improved internal administration, especially regarding processes associated with customer satisfaction.
- Increased staff qualifications through a four-cycle training plan comprising twenty-four training modules.
- The opportunity to participate in the largest tourism quality project ever conducted in Spain, together with more than 7,906 other companies.
- Technical assistance that supports improvement.
- Access to the Commitment to Tourism Quality distinction.
This distinction is the backing that accredits that the requirements established within the methodology have been met, recognises the efforts the company has made and their commitment to quality and continuous improvement. It also helps them stand out from among the competition. This qualification is valid for two years under the condition of an annual follow-up evaluation. The compulsory visual identification regulations are available to qualification holders on the SICTED platform.
No hay elementos