Check out Pollença!
Local poet Costa i Llobera masterfully transmitted the beauty and classical resonance of “The Pine Tree of Formentor”, which is still revered at the Literary Conversations held since 1959 at the present-day Hotel Barceló Formentor. In a similar vein, the town’s commitment to the world of culture remains firm to this very day. Tales that are within your reach to listen to, feel, experience or share with whoever you may wish. If you’d like to receive alerts about free activities, concerts or specific shows, or you’d like further information on any of the content on this site, all you have to do is sign up. Start planning your holidays right now!
What’s your email?
Wind 1.5 m/s
Pressure 1017 hpa
Humidity 82 %
Pollença, a place with stories to tell
Picture a place where verdant pine-clad mountains descend to meet an intensely turquoise sea. A town where stunning backdrops, a fascinating past and friendly locals are part of everything you do.
Imagine for a moment the authentic character of a dynamic town, with lively and creative people making Pollença a place with a full of content.
The town, with its old quarter, is the hub of social activities. Outlying resorts round off the destination: the Port, with excellent accommodation and tourist amenities, and Cala Sant Vicenç, with some of the best hotels on the island.
And, of course, the Formentor peninsula. Its famous hotel, its viewing point or its lighthouse have been sources of inspiration for politicians, artists and thinkers alike. Now you can discover them too.
Welcome to Pollença, a place with stories to tell.
How to get to Pollença
The distance from Palma Airport to the town is 60km and the journey should take around 45 minutes.
- Leave the airport and follow signs for Palma on the Ma-19 motorway.
- After just over 4km, turn off at Exit 3 and join the westbound lane of the Ma-20 motorway.
- After 2.6km, on the outskirts of Palma, turn off at Exit 3 and join the Ma-13 following signs for Inca/Port d'Alcúdia.
- After almost 40km, turn off at Exit 40 (signposted Pollença), cross the bridge over the motorway and join the final 10km stretch of road to Pollença.
- At Palma Airport there are taxi stands and coach stops with information about fares and routes.
- A taxi costs around 70 euros, slightly less if leaving from central Palma.
- The website of the local public transport company (TIB) has information about coach routes and timetables:
This is the largest travel website in the world. On it, you’ll find real opinions about hotels, restaurants, attractions and holiday photos from other tourists. By using the widgets we’ve installed, you can find out which places in Pollença have been reviewed on TripAdvisor and also improve recommendations and rate your own experience.
Don’t forget: Pollença is for visiting, experiencing and enjoying, but also for sharing.
HEAVENLY NATURE ALL AROUND YOU
Hiking trails and hidden coves
The natural surroundings of Pollença have fascinated many artists. Just picture yourself paddling in a transparent blue sea, sheltered by awe-inspiring mountains. Pollença boasts breathtaking landscapes and off-the-beaten-track coves ... + info
PROTECTED NATURAL AREAS FOR BIRDWATCHING
Discover birds on your own or with your family
Located at the North end of the Tramuntana Mountain Range, Pollença has a varied orography, with very different and interesting habitats for the observation of birds, including mountainous areas, cliffs ... + info